You can calibrate your iKamand temperature probes using your iKamand device and the app. The iKamand probes should be accurate to within +/- 1°C. Calibrating will improve the accuracy of temperature readings.
This is a simple procedure that will take approximately 10 minutes.
How to Calibrate
Set up your device
- Insert the temperature probes into the iKamand probe jacks that you want to calibrate.
- Navigate to Cook > Devices (Kamado Icon) > Swipe left on your iKamand device > Calibrate.
Calibration Procedure 1: Boiling Water
- Boil a pot of water (preferably distilled).
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, place your temperature probes in the water. Make sure not to touch the sides or bottom of the pot and that the probes don't touch each other.
- The temperature should read 212°F (100°C). Wait for at least 30 seconds for the temperature reading to settle. Offset the temperatures on the calibration page for each probe to match 212°F (100°C).
Calibration Procedure 2: Accurate Thermometer
- Fill a cup or small pot with water.
- Insert your iKamand temperature probes. Make sure not to touch the sides or bottom of the pot and that the probes don't touch each other. Insert a thermometer you know is accurate to within +/- 1°C.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds for the temperature reading to settle. Compare the iKamand temperature probes to the thermometer. Offset the temperature on the calibration page for each probe to match the thermometer.