Do I need to be near or monitor my iKamand during the update?
- No, you can be anywhere during the iKamand update. The update is initiated from your iKamand app. Make sure your iKamand is turned on, near your router and connected to your WiFi before starting the update
How do I know my update is successful? How do I know if the update worked?
If you’re logged into the mobile app, you will get a pop up alert when your update is successful. If you navigate to Devices (Kamado icon in the top right of Cook tab) you will no longer see an update button and your iKamand will be on the most recent version. The update should take 10 minutes but can take up to 30 minutes.
What if my phone turns off during an update? What if I sign out during the update?
After pressing the update button, you can turn your phone off or sign out of the app. Your iKamand will start the update and finish without any involvement from your phone or mobile app. Check the mobile app to see when the update is successful.
An update is available but my iKamand is being used to cook in BBQ or Grill Mode. Will the update start?
- If your iKamand is in Grill or BBQ mode, the update will start as soon as the mode is finished. Leave your iKamand on and connected to the internet.
My iKamand update was unsuccessful. What should I do?
- The update may be unsuccessful if your iKamand is disconnected from power during the update or has poor internet connection. Move your iKamand closer to the router and try again. See Troubleshooting the iKamand update.
My iKamand app isn't updating. What should I do?
- Your iKamand app should update automatically if your phone has internet connection. Navigate to Devices (Kamado icon in the top right of Cook tab) and scroll down to see your app version. If the app version isn't the latest available:
- Close and reopen the app a few times to see if the latest app was installed.
- Go to your app store and install the latest version of the app if one is available.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the iKamand app and login to your account again.
My LED turned off during the update
- Your LED may turn off for up to 5 minutes during the update process. If the LED does not turn back on, unplug and plug the iKamand back in then wait for 5 minutes.
- Leave the iKamand plugged in and connected to power. If after 10 minutes, the LED does not turn on, turn the iKamand off and on again.
- If your iKamand doesn’t come online and the LED doesn’t turn back on, contact customer service.